The Human Genetics and Genomics journal follows the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) guidelines on appeals to journal editor decisions and complaints about a journal's editorial management of the peer-review process. Based on the COPE advice, which mentions the requirement of a clearly described process for handling complaints against the journal, editorial board, or publisher, we introduce the related page of "Complaints and Appeals" on the COPE website to our readers. Please refer to this page.
Direct Connection to Us
You can send any complaint or appeal to us through the Journal/ publisher email address: humangenetics.genomicsgmail.com
Approach to a complaint
- 1) Our distinguished readers can open a discussion even anonymously about a decision made by EIC, reviewer, or associate editor: In this case, please describe precisely the matter of claim with detailed documents.
- 2) Upon submitting your ticket, you will receive a ticket ID. A standard investigation process may take up to 4 weeks after the ticket submission.
- 3) Any new ticket related to a complaint or appeal will be screened initially by the "Head of Ethics Department." In case of any requirement to collect more documents, we will contact the corresponding author and even their institution. After collecting data, we forward them to our "Ethics Department." This committee includes:
- The chief director of the publisher
- Two representatives of the journal owner
- The editor-in-chief of the journal
- 4) The preliminary decision made by the mentioned ethics committee will be sent to all authors with a request period of 7 working days. In case of any objection by authors or complexity of an issue, we will be forward it simultaneously to the second committee, which includes an additional member of the national ethics committee as well as an official representative of the related, affiliated institution or a joined lawyer plus to COPE council (after anonymization).
- 5) Until the end of any conclusion, we will hold on to all further actions.
- 6) Any conclusion reached by COPE and the second ethical committee (above paragraph) will be our decision and ought to be executed from all sides.
COPE flowcharts about Complaints and appeals
view all flowcharts